Minimum Staff Requirements
- Volunteer Applicants must be at least 19 years of age.
- A mandatory all-day Staff Training Day will be held on the weekend before the camp session.
- All new applicants must attend a group interview.
- All required forms must be returned prior to staff interview day.
- Volunteers who are interested in supervising activities on the waterfront must have current lifeguard certifications by the start of camp. Training and certification will be offered by Camp del Corazon Dates to be determined.
- Members of the Climbing Wall Team must attend the certification classes by Camp del Corazon Dates to be determined.
- Med Nurse volunteers must have a current California License for more information contact the office.
- High school graduate or equivalent and at least 19 years of age.
- Dynamically positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate and work in groups, provide necessary guidance to campers.
- Ability to assess camper behavior and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Enforce safety regulations, emergency procedures and assigned program schedules as required.
- Ability to supervise campers, encourage and adapt to campers� needs within the goals of the camp program.
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain consistent supervision of the campers at all times.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to all hazards related to an activity.
- Commit to Staff Training Day for preparation and instructions to ensure the safety and well being of our campers.
- Commit to five consecutive days of residential living with campers on the island.
ARTS & CRAFTS TEAM
- Live in a camper cabin. Identify and meet campers� needs and promote group unity.
- Conduct daily check of equipment in activity area for safety, cleanliness and good repair.
- Set-up and clean-up activity areas, successful activity operation and teaching of skills.
- Utilize and train cabin counselors to assist in your activity.
- Work with campers of various ages. Other duties may be assigned as required.
CLIMBING WALL/ADVENTURE TEAM
- Lead individual and group projects, nature projects, note & thank you cards, etc.
SPORTS & GAMES TEAM
- Prior experience desired. Must complete certified challenge course or equivalent training experience.
- Camp also provides climbing wall training. Contact office for further information.
- Boom Ball, Court games, Volleyball, Water games, etc.
- Counselors are responsible for waterfront safety and activities at camp. Counselors must have current Lifeguard Training and CPR certification prior to the start of camp.
- Camp del Corazon will host a lifeguarding and CPR/First Aid course for interested applicants.
- Prior experience desired. Counselor will be responsible for assisting with all music and video needs at camp. Duties include music at campfire, at meal times, etc.
NURSE COUNSELOR - RN
- Identify and meet campers� needs by living in a cabin and promoting group unity. Successfully guide campers in all aspects of camp activities.Supervise cabin group rotation throughout the day and special needs of individual campers.Monitor the daily health and safety of each camper assigned to you. Work with campers of various ages. Other duties may be assigned as required.
MED NURSE - RN
- Includes all of the above Cabin Counselor responsibilities. Be an identified medical staff in a cabin group. To observe and respond as needed to assigned campers. Communicate with medical nurse and nursing director any health and safety concerns. Work with campers of various ages. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Monitor the health and wellness of each camper assigned, and may live in a cabin.
- Distribute medications to each camper assigned (approximately two cabin groups).
- Observe high-risk activity areas as scheduled by Nursing Director.
- Provide first aid and emergency response as needed.
- Support all camp activities and programs and assist as needed.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and others may be assigned as required.